BlackBerry announced and released their BB10 running on Z10 smartphone. If you’re one of the lucky few to have gotten their hands on the new hardware, then you Would be pleased to know that a Z10 software update is currently seeding out to users. It’s a software BlackBerry OS 10 version 10.0.10.85 OTA update to BlackBerry Z10 that brings several improvements and enhancements, including several improvements for better app performance, improved low-light imaging and optimizations for better battery life.
It Gives 3rd party app performance a boost. Apps will launch fast and will run smoother. Apparently this software update is some where so important to update because Blackberry Z10 requires some upcoming 3rd party apps to work, such as WhatsApp.
The Z10 software will arrive OTA and you will receive a notification when it’s available. You can also manually check the update by going in Settings> Software Updates> Check for Updates. The update is sized around 150MB.
This update includes
- Improvement in 3rd Party App Performance for a smoother app experience
- Improvements and features for Gmail calendars
- Improvements in the BlackBerry Hub for logging calls log and how conversations are handled and improvements in importing contacts from online sources.
- Optimized camera for better photos in low-light situations while taking images without flash in Time Shift Camera mode.
- Improvements to the software in the way the browser handles video playback to provide a fantastic experience.
- Battery life optimizations with over 60 battery saving improvements and longer average usage per charge cycle.