- Laptop or pc with WiFi connectivity.
- Netstumbler software.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE TO READ- Motorola Moto x – Review-Hidden Features
Follow the steps carefully :
- Download the NetStumbler sotware and Install it in your WiFi compatible device.
- Run the NetStumbler software and it will start scanning the wireless networks around you.
- Once the scanning is completed, you will see the complete list of all wireless networks within your range.
- There you can see different columns such as MAC, SSID, SPEED, VENDOR, TYPE and many other available options.
- But you have to select any of the MAC address that you wish to hack and want to explore more about that. If you click on the MAC address of one of the discovered wireless networks under channels, you will see a graph that shows the wireless network’s signal strength. The more green and the less spaces are there,it indicates better is signal strength.
Note : Use the network with more green signals for better signal strength.
- As you can see NetStumbler provides a lot more than just the name (SSID) of the wireless network. It provides the MAC address, Channel number,encryption type, and a bunch more. All of these come in use when we decides that we wants to get in the secured network by cracking the encryption.
- There are two most common types of Encryption Methods used by Wireless Networks:
1. WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) – WEP isn’t considered safe anymore. Many flaws have been discovered that allow hackers to crack a WEP key easily.
2. WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) – WAP is the currently the most secure and best option to secure your wireless network. It’s not as easily cracked as WEP because the only way to retrieve a WAP key is
to use a brute-force or dictionary attack. If your key is secure enough, a dictionary attack won’t work and it could take decades to crack it if you brute-force it. This is why most hackers don’t even bother.
- If you are lucky enough, you will get the WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) encryption and you can easily get access in WiFi.Thats all about scanning and cracking the wireless networks..
Now how you can protect your wireless network from NetStumber and other hackers :
- Use better encryption method like WAP to password protect your wireless Networks
- Use stronger passwords with atleast one digit, one special character, uppercase letters mixed with lowercase letters.
- Never broadcast your SSID.
So guys give us feedback below in comments.
You might also like :